Saturday, May 19, 2007

All in a days work

This weekend, so far, has been spent doing yard work. First my son and I worked on my mothers yard. She has a huge yard but only needed to be cut. Then we worked on our yard, which is much smaller but it needed more attention because we hadn't worked on it at all this spring.
We uprooted a few unwanted trees and dug out some weeds. It was tough work but for the rest of the season it should need maintenance. I'm so glad that part is over.
We also gathered a bunch of junk that the previous owners decided to leave behind. I know, I know, we've been in the house close to three years and haven't cleaned up their hidden junk but it's done. I couldn't believe the junk that we cleared out. From toilet seats to tires to broken glass to bathroom tiles.
Last year I threw away a barbecue pit and lawn junk. (The rest was hidden under piles of wood behind the storage). I don't know what they were thinking but I couldn't believe that someone could live with such a hidden mess.
My son is 11 years old and this year is the year that he is to maintain the yard. I told him I will have nothing to do with it, except the occasional gardening. It is now his job and I am gladly passing down the duty. He should have an easy time now that all of the clearing is complete.
The best part of my day was having fun with the kids in the freshly cut lawn taking beautiful pictures of them. This is what makes me happy!

No comments: