Sunday, June 17, 2007

My daughter loves playing with little baby dolls. She lines them up face down all in a row for nap time. The linen towels are the first thing she finds to cover up the freezing dollies.
I had fun making this quilt, finishing it this weekend. Okay, the unfinished blankie sat around in the WIP basket for ever. I couldn't get the binding just right so I put it off. I ripped it and restarted the binding. After a few inches of wayward stitching, it looks pretty good. I'm excited that the binding turned out nicely. I was inspired by Heather Bailey's Tutorial. I love her website, it's so inspiring and I absolutely love her fabric as well.

Another inspiration is the Lilac tree that I planted in my mothers yard two years ago. It finally started blooming. I love it. Now it's about 4 feet tall. It smells wonderful.

I've been thinking about planting another apple tree in Mom's yard. I'd do it in my yard but I don't like spending a lot of time back there. My neighbor is a bit nosey.

I love spending time in Mother's yard, she has a 6 ft fence all around her place. It's so private and peaceful. I'm a bit envious of it. My favorite spot is the swing. You have a view of the whole yard.
Flickr is an inspiration to my creativity. I wish I had more time in the week to sew. I would sew everyday if I could. I found the pattern for the 3 tiered skirt at JoAnn Fabrics yesterday. I found a nice pink fabric to create this lovely little skirt and my daughter adores it. She called it her little Princess dress, although it's a skirt...she doesn't know the difference.

I suppose I'll do three colors next time.
I have a whole list of items I would like to sew up this summer:
1. Amy Butler Weekender Bag
2. Quilt for Abby
3. Quilt for Nate
4. Quilt for Mother
5. Quilt for me... :)
6. Wee Wonderfuls Big Footed Bunny
I guess I'll be busy this summer.

No comments: